Disgraceful_art left a comment asking where a good place would be to purchase Haku’s hunter-nin mask. Well D_A, I can do you one better and tell you how to make your own!
First, you’ll need to make the basic mask. The easiest way to do this would probably be to make it out of paper mache. Here’s how I would go about it, but if you think you have a better way by all means go for it (and maybe tell us about it in a comment!):
- First, get a sturdy piece of card stock (the kind you would print business cards on, for instance), a spray bottle, and a wig head (they’re only about 5 bucks, you can get them at beauty supply stores, or online if you can’t find one locally). The curved surface will help you form the mask correctly.
- Next, lightly spritz the card stock with water and place it on the face of the wig head (with the wig head laid back so the card stock won’t fall off, of course). Gently shape the card stock into the shape you would like the mask, spritzing it with more water if necessary.
- Once you have your card stock in the desired shape, let it dry and then cut off the corners to make it a mask shape; then, paper mache it.
- From here, all you need to do is make eye slits and paint on the details. I would also recommend sealing the whole mask with craft sealant (hodge podge or spray on, which ever you prefer) once you have completed it
- Don’t forget a small hole on each side and some string or elastic to keep the mask on your face!
P.S. If you really wanna buy one, try checking our website! Cosplaylocator.com